Sunday, November 16, 2008

What If We Think Outside of the Box...

Hey guys,

Ok so I always start off by saying I love my readers because you guys are some of the most devoted people I have ever seen. This being the case, I need to apologize for not being on top of things and getting more entries up. So to make up for it, I will be putting up at least 3 entries this week (not including this one). I'm hoping that this will make up for some, if not all of my absent entries... Expect to see me touch a little of love, politics, education, computing, and whatever randomness happens to come out of my head.

Ok now to get into tonight's blog... it's amazing how things happen. I am one who believes that everything happens for a reason. We may not immediately know what that reason is but if it's meant for us to find these things out, then we'll find them out. And so I'm thinking about the idea of making changes in my own life... Not so much the idea of making changes but the power to make change.

So many of my friends are experiencing hardship, whether it be job, love, family, or just life related. As I sit back and hear things, or even think about some of my own personal dilemmas (because I certainly am not immune) one of the things that constantly sits in the back of my mind is the idea of changing my outlook on things. It's very easy to say "Oh I have a problem," or "Oh I don't know what to do. I don't even know where to begin." However, I realize that a lot of times we don't think about possible solutions.

So my message tonight is to challenge yourself. If you have a problem that you think is so insurmountable that you have absolutely no options, take a second look at it from a different perspective. Try one so out of the box and see where it takes you. The idea behind this is to challenge yourself to do something differently than you did before you had the problem. Because in order to get to places you've never been, you have to do things you've never done.

All too often, I think we as a people complain about the have nots and don't think about the haves. And so with this challenge comes a different way of thinking. It introduces the idea of living your life the way you choose. While this does not make you immune to problems, it definitely helps reduce the amount of stress in your life. I can personally attest to this.

As I leave you guys, I wonder if this helps you. This being the idea of thinking out of the box and how it impacts your decision making. Let me know if you think this is all complete crap. I love hearing different reactions, and would rather read them as opposed to listening to you guys as you call and leave messages on my cell phone (or in our conversations). So you know what to do.

Until next time,

-C.

<P.S>Head over to Seattle's Top Model Contest and vote for Ericka Sherrell to win. We're trying to get her up to number 1 and out to the Top Model casting call in LA. Thanks guys.</P.S>

2 comments:

  1. I dig your message. People often decide they can't do something, or it's impossible, & start making excuses to fail. But failure is when you lack the faith in yourself & your own capabilities to TRY something.

    I think Barack's ascent should give a LOT more people have the naked audacity to *challenge* themselves.

    Snatch JOY!

    One.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    ReplyDelete